Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What can cause and how do I fix moldy air filters?

I went to change the air filters in my electric HVAC unit and aside from the condensation, there was mold growing on one of the old filters (4 months old). I also have terrible allergies and a newborn! How can we economically get rid of this mold inside the HVAC?What can cause and how do I fix moldy air filters?
You may have broken duct work in the attic that is allowing moisture to pull into the unit. If you can access your duct (maybe in the attic with a flashlight) see if you can tell if there is any separations or deterioration. Some HVAC company's will come out check at no charge if you just ask for an %26quot;estimate%26quot;What can cause and how do I fix moldy air filters?
yep! you have some unknown moisture getting in.better get it checked out.
  • AJAX in .net
  • clear nail polish
  •