Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How much should the labor be for my car?

I have a 2005 Mercury Mountaineer and this associate of the family I will say not really a friend is coming by to change my spark plugs and change air filter. How much would the labor be on that?How much should the labor be for my car?
The dealer would most likely want about $100/hr. An independent shop would be around $80/hr. I would think a friend who isn't a pro would command about $40/hr if he/she does a competent job. I don't think replacing the plugs on your SUV should take more than 2 hours, so I'd figure on paying around $80How much should the labor be for my car?
If he wants more than 50 bucks for that he's taking advantage of you.How much should the labor be for my car?
2 hours for a do-it-yourselfer less for a mechanicHow much should the labor be for my car?
Are you kidding?!?! No more than $20. If he charges more, he's ripping you off! I would do it for free if you were my friend.How much should the labor be for my car?
probably around 120$ at a regular shop plus parts