Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Honeywell Air Filter question for my house?

Hi, I have recently installed Honeywell model 2200 air cleaner in my house, and uses FC200E1037 20x25x5 air filter. It says MERV 11 what is this mean? Also how often do I need to change the filter? I have 1500 sq ft house with 2 dogs and adult. No one smokes. But get dusty due to the dogs I suppose. Thanks. OH, and if since I installed this system, do I not longer need to change the previous air filter (22x22x1 in size) nor install anything in there? Honeywell Air Filter question for my house?
Understanding MERV or the Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value.

http://www.allergyclean.com/article-unde



I'm sure only a service technician should change the filter as it contains fiberglas. If you decide to take the task on ....wear a disposable mask just to be safe.

Check the filter according to the air cleaner use manual. It should say.

I couldn't find anything within Honeywell site FAQ to assist you.

http://yourhome.honeywell.com/Consumer/C