Thursday, September 22, 2011

What are the top 10 things I can do to my 1997 Jeep Cherokee Country to increase fuel efficiency?

PLEASE READ:

--I'd like to do the work myself.

--The extent of maintenance I know how to do now is change the air filter.

--Please list 10 things.

--Please give detailed instructions.

--A link to a site with pictures and instructions would be awesome.



Thank you very much!What are the top 10 things I can do to my 1997 Jeep Cherokee Country to increase fuel efficiency?
Change spark plugs

Change plug wires.

Check air pressure in tires.-It does make a difference.

Clean injectors.- their are some decent do it yourselfers at the auto store.

Replace air filter- check into a tornado enhancer to help inflow of air.

Change oil and filter

Change fuel filter.-may be a little involved if its in the tank

Check and grease bearings and grease fittings

If available, find someone who can hook it up to a computer (they are sold now to the public) and make sure all your sensors are working.

Check into a better exhaust system, a factory one is not always the most efficient.

JB Witney website can give you some alternatives to fuel savers and other options for your vehicleWhat are the top 10 things I can do to my 1997 Jeep Cherokee Country to increase fuel efficiency?
Proper tire pressure

Good Alignment

clean air filter

new plugs (spark plugs ;)

new plug wires

Fuel filter

Clean injectors

Easy on the throttle

baby your brakes

Car pool.



You have the aero of a brick, good luck.What are the top 10 things I can do to my 1997 Jeep Cherokee Country to increase fuel efficiency?
Wreck it and use the insurance money to buy a small, fuel-efficient car.



Keep your tire pressures up.

Drive with a light foot. Slow down. SUVs have a lot of aerodynamic drag.

Avoid stop-and-go driving if you can. Try to coast and not come to a complete stop at lights.

You could try a thinner motor oil, just make sure it provides proper lubrication.



All of the above will help a little, but you're never going to get 30+ mpg with it.What are the top 10 things I can do to my 1997 Jeep Cherokee Country to increase fuel efficiency?
Make sure the air filters are keep clean, use 100% synthetic oil, drive at moderate speed, drive smoothly, reduce unnecessary drag, don't use premium fuel if you don't have to, minimize driving with a cold engine, keep tires properly inflated, buy tires with lower rolling resistance and avoid idling for long periods.What are the top 10 things I can do to my 1997 Jeep Cherokee Country to increase fuel efficiency?
I wish there were 10 but there are only 5

first you need to know that your engine is an air pump ,so (1) ease the air going in via a high flow air intake ,(2) ease the exhaust going out via a high flow cat and mufler.

(3) over inflate the tires by about 5psi , (4) change all lubes with syntetic to reduce friction (engine oil , transfer-case, differecials, and tranny if you have a manula one)

(5)lighten up the jeep, do not carry anything you dont need



BUT, THERE IS SONETHING ELSE

go on youtube.com and type in HHO and build yourself and hydrogen generator . It's super easy and it will double your mpg