Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I change a Scion xA 2005 air filter?

I can see where the filter is at but there's like a bunch of foriegn objects surrounding it and I'm worried I might not be able to reattach something if it needs to come off.How do I change a Scion xA 2005 air filter?
Release the top band clamp on the intake hose connected to the air filter case, pull hose gently off and undo clamps on filter case.



Remove the vacuum hose from its clip to give a little maneuvering room.



Lift front up [it is hinged in back] and gently lift up and twist to left slightly....the whole air cleaner top will come off and you can access the air filter then.... just make sure to look at the original air filter as it is placed so you can match with your new one.How do I change a Scion xA 2005 air filter?
I think xA and xB filters are the same. K%26amp;N makes the best drop in filters and you can get them from any auto parts store.

Report Abuse

How do I change a Scion xA 2005 air filter?
go to scionlife.comHow do I change a Scion xA 2005 air filter?
check your manual it should have the easiest was printed in it.