Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do I replace my furnace / air conditioning filter(s)?

3 years ago, I had a complete HVAC cut-in on my house. They installed a Lennox 12ACB air conditioner, a Lennox G40UH gas furnace, and an Aprilaire 2400 air cleaner. The systems all run great, but I've never changed any filters. Where are they is the question? I see that the Aprilaire one is easy to change. Is there also one on the A/C or furnace unit?How do I replace my furnace / air conditioning filter(s)?
The filter on the furnace should also be the same one for your air conditioning duct. It will be located in the return air just before the blower compartment on the furnace.How do I replace my furnace / air conditioning filter(s)?
As one of the other answers below stated the filter could also be at the return air vent. These are sometimes located remotly from the main furnace unit. Mine was in my hallway at the cold air intake vent.

Report Abuse

How do I replace my furnace / air conditioning filter(s)?
take the cove off it should be right there in frontHow do I replace my furnace / air conditioning filter(s)?
There are filters for most furance /ac. Take the lovered screen off the filter under there. Some pull out . PemHow do I replace my furnace / air conditioning filter(s)?
Depends on the type of furnace/air conditioner. If your A/C coil and furnace are in the attice then the filter is in the return duct usually located in the hallway, there may be more than one, my house is 2000 square feet and I have 3. If your A/C/furnace is located in a garage or room they usually put them in the unit itself, you will have to remove a panel normally labeled %26quot;filter inside%26quot;. If your A/C furnace is old and you cant read any labels anymore you can either look through the manual or type in the model number on the internet and find it that way.



Walk around your house and look at the supply and return registers, the return registers look different and are usually bigger. If you live in the North I would have to say the filter will be in the unit itself, if you live in the south and your supply and return registers are on the ceiling then I would have to say the filter is probably in the register.How do I replace my furnace / air conditioning filter(s)?
I myself would contact the company who installed them for you.

Didnt you receive an owners manual for the appliances?

Possibly look online for the specific brand %26amp; model numbers of your units.



ChrisHow do I replace my furnace / air conditioning filter(s)?
I would assume that the only filter on your system is the Aprilaire 2400. More than one filter on one system can create air-movement problems and ruin the equipment. Too much filtering is worse than no filtering at all............................