Thursday, September 22, 2011

Dust dust dust ... how can it be???

we live in a 10 acre field away from the major road. the whole yard even the drive way is grass, not dirt. we have a humidifier, air filter and change air filter regularly, and we dust once a week. But our house looks like it hasn't been dusted for months two days later.

why is it? what am i doing wrong or is there something i can do to reduce dust? i'm going crazy because i've tried dusting every other day even with a damp cloth so dust won't spread in the air while i'm doing it, the next day, there it is. we vacuum once or sometimes twice a week and mop floors once a week, and like i said, we have air purifier and humidifier. i'm not exagerating, i've never seen a house get sooo dusty so fast like ours. please give me some advice.Dust dust dust ... how can it be???
I have the exact same problem and before we (my mom and I) moved it didn't seem like we had dust at our old house. Then it occurred to me that when we moved, we bought all new furniture and almost all of it is dark cherry wood or mahogany, which naturally shows dust more than the lighter wood furniture we had prior to moving. That of course doesn't explain why there is so much dust in your house or ours, but I'm thinking that perhaps our houses are too 'tight': i.e., no drafts, so the dust has no place to go except up in the air and back down on the furniture, floors, etc. Of course, this is not some scientific reason, just an opinion, but maybe it's a start...Dust dust dust ... how can it be???
its like this have you ever thought do you own a vacuum cleaner a coures you do and when you vacuum the floor you are tring to get the dirt you bring in from the out side well the bag has pores and it has to breth so the dust comes back in to the air

Report Abuse

Dust dust dust ... how can it be???
most dust in your house comes from your attic actually. look for leaks in your duct system.Dust dust dust ... how can it be???
This is a tough one girl. Where I live, NM. I can dust this morning and by evening I can write my name in dust on my kitchen table. I live in a river valley. Maybe you should get another vacuum cleaner with special filters. I know my carpet holds lots of dust and my vacuum is part of my problem.....plus 2 people of the male persuasion who don't wipe their feet when coming in from outdoors. Also they do make - very expensive - room air cleaners that would help. Might take two to do job, depending on how large your house is.





Good LuckDust dust dust ... how can it be???
the wind can blow dirt,dust %26amp; debris a long way. you will just have to accept it or dust every day.Dust dust dust ... how can it be???
Most dust is from shedding skin and is not from the outdoors - it is also from pets. There's not much more you can do except get a central vacuum systems.