Thursday, June 2, 2011

How often am I supposed to change the air filters on my heat/cooling system?

Kind of hard to say, it depends on your situation; how dirty the air is in your house. Think about it, the dirtier the filter the better it removes smaller particles. I've experimented with mine and after about 10 months the current load on the blower motor approaches the high limit. And you can see the filter itself really compress in during startup due to the increased suction created by the dirty filter. Unless you want to keep a real close eye on your system I would change it every couple of months.How often am I supposed to change the air filters on my heat/cooling system?
I think its every 2-3 monthsHow often am I supposed to change the air filters on my heat/cooling system?
You should change your filters once every thirty days. If you want to avoid changing filters and save money you can buy a filter that you can clean and replace into your unit. Failing to clean or change your filters can result in damage to your unit.How often am I supposed to change the air filters on my heat/cooling system?
DIFFERENT AIR FILTERS MAKE DIFFERENT CLAIMS FOR TIME TO CHANGE THEM OUT. IF THEY ARE THROW AWAY TYPE CHANGE OUT WHEN U GET YOUR UTILITY BILL. CLEAN AIR IS INPORTANT, LESS DUST ETC AND THE UNIT WILL RUN MORE EFFICENTHow often am I supposed to change the air filters on my heat/cooling system?
Change them a couple of times a year.How often am I supposed to change the air filters on my heat/cooling system?
typically, every 3 months under normal conditions. If you take it out and inspect it and if it does not appear dirty, hold it up to light, if you can see the light through the filter it's probably OK. Take it outside and shake it out a little, then put it back in.( If it is a cheaper filter just replace it every 3 months.)How often am I supposed to change the air filters on my heat/cooling system?
Check it every 30 days if its dirty change it.How often am I supposed to change the air filters on my heat/cooling system?
Every 30 days. It's another chore to put on your list. Your system won't run efficiently if the filter is dirty. Buy a whole bunch of the cheap ones and just do it once a month.How often am I supposed to change the air filters on my heat/cooling system?
depends on your lifestyle like- do you have pets, kids, home a lot, or gone a lot - etc. but if you are home a lot, have kids, pets and all the daily hustle bustler - change or vacuum once a month if the system is running dailyHow often am I supposed to change the air filters on my heat/cooling system?
i think it is better every year...